Old 01-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Janice

Default Ramps

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:35:47 GMT, Ross wrote:

I would like to try growing Ramps, in a shady spot under a tree.
Slightly Sandy soil.
Does anyone know where to get seeds or plants to get me started?

Ramps are the onions that Chicago is named after.
In the leek family.

Ross

I should have looked first on google. I found a place in England that
sold them but they're out, and I imagine difficult to import.

I found a company that sells them .. foraged from the wild .. for food
...but if they still have their roots intact you could plant them.
They're $9.50 a pound. I'd contact them to see if they are whole,
roots intact before I ordered them.. but the link to the page is:

http://earthy.com/a_wild_leeks.htm

Earthy delights where great chefs buy is what they call the company
;-) In case for some reason the above link does not work their home
page: http://earthy.com/

Janice