Old 01-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Remydog

Default filter and pump question

I'm no expert, but I think it would help to know your set up. If your pump
is above the water level, then you probably need to prime it and/or purge
the air out of the intake lines. Since the filter is pressurized, the air
trapped in the filter is pushing back against the pump.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hi

Just bought a new Fish mate Pressurised UV-bio filter to replace my old
gravity box.
However my pump doesnt seem to want to work at all. It doesnt seem to be
sucking any water up. Weve cleaned it all out but nothing !
Is this anything to do with the new filter?
I know the pump is really old (think about 10 years maybe, we inherited

the
pond when we moved in) but dont really want to have to buy a new one yet.

Any ideas anyone??

Cheers

Cheryl