Old 01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Gwenhyffar Milgi

Default Delurk with chocolates and a question

On Sat, 1 May 2004 12:52:11 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

Only other thing I can think of is a very young slow worm, or possibly
a baby grass snake. Are they that tiny? Dunno. Snakes can (and do) swim
astonishingly well, but I don't know if slow worms can.

Slow worms can swim, but are creatures of dry areas mainly.

That's not what the Beeb says:

Habitat
Slow worms prefer humid habitats, including grassy meadows, gardens,
farmland, woodland margins and open fields. They can also be found in
rural gardens and commonly fall prey to domestic cats

"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends -- it gives a lovely light"