Old 01-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Sam

Default Slow Germination.

i came across this document(link below) when browsing about the
subject.
its a report about an experiment where it was found that cactus seeds
which had been pre heated for a week by a heater at 35degrees sprouted
much more than seeds kept at room temperature or that had been in the
fridge.

very unexpected, usually i hear about the need for cooling seeds in
the fridge not heating them.

http://www.ac-creteil.fr/svt/Doc/Doc...UK/Esthel3.PDF

Sam

"Sue da Nimm" . wrote in message ...
After all the recent posts about seeds taking a long time to germinate I
thought I'd share this:
I planted my Butternut Squash seeds on March 12th, putting them in the "warm
room"
By the end of April they hadn't shown, so I potted some fresh seeds.
This morning the originals finally appeared - SEVEN WEEKS later.