Old 01-05-2004, 10:04 PM
eclectic

Default "Bulbs" all season?

"Gwen Morse" wrote in message
Does anyone here do bulb gardens that bloom all through the spring to
the end of summer?

I have the standards -- crocus, hyacinths, daffodils, day lilies, but,
I'm looking for suggestions of bulbs that bloom later than the lilies
and to fill out the time between the daffodils and lilies.

Rhizomes and other bulb-like plants can be included. (I think irises
are technically rhizomes, not bulbs?)

Gwen

If you want to include tuberous plants too, consider dwarf dahlias for
sun/partial shade areas. They put on a good show from early summer
and onward, but require their tubers lifted for storage in the fall as they
are not hardy here. They can be propagated easily from seeds, divisions,
or cuttings. This website gives an idea as to what is available if you
are willing to go the seed route (to start next winter).

http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk/acatalog/0179dahlia.html

Regards.