Old 01-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Brian

Default small pice of land required

Many thanks Martin. This was followed up and their decision was as follows.
"The planning officer was acting as a member of the public when he made
the offer to purchase. He was also noted to have abstained when there was a
vote to rescind the permission"
Actually the number of votes said to have been involved were four more
than members stated to have been present!! The reason given for rescinding
was stated to be that my architect had not responded to the conditions
within three weeks. Despite that no time limit had been suggested!!.
To compensate the officer concerned, they gave him permission to develop
a most unlikely site.
Best Wishes
"martin" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 1 May 2004 18:29:04 +0100, "Brian"
wrote:

Building permission seems to depend on one's occupation. Planning

officers
can get permission for themselves with ease and for the most unlikely of
situations.
I was once granted conditional outline planning permission. It soon
transpired that the 'condition' was that I sold the land to one of their
officers! When I refused the permission was withdrawn without

compensation
because the permission "Was only conditional"~~I got nowhere!!

Isn't this straight forward corruption? did you report him/her?

I have noticed some very odd planning decisions reported in the Whitby
Gazette.

In NL, because of the housing shortage, dwellings originally
designated as holiday only dwellings, to be used for a limited number
of months a year, have been redesignated as normal housing. I can
foresee the same happening in UK.