Old 01-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Kay Easton

Default Wood Ash Update

In article , Kevin Groves
writes
Just an update to using wood ash to ward off snails and slugs.

What about coal ash? I thought it was a physical effect - something
nasty and sharp which the don't want to slide over.

My aubergines were half destroyed too so I've brought the remains
in and will continue them indoors for a while.

Watch out for red spider! ;-)

The only luck I do seem to have in the garden is with fruit. My red
currents, black current, alpine strawberry (fruiting even into December)
and blackberry being the best and most reliable crops.

Try some of the blackberry hybrids - loganberry, tayberry, boysenberry
etc.
Oh, and you can get white currants too.

I think another grape vine and some more fruits are on my shopping list.

I like growing fruit. Much less hassle than veg, and it's expensive to
buy, so seems a great choice for the garden.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: