Old 02-05-2004, 05:02 AM
simy1

Default "Bulbs" all season?

"Brian" wrote in message ...
You have also included corms ~[crocus]. The Crocosmias have been very much
improved and can now fill midsummer to late autumn.
Best Wishes Brian
"Gwen Morse" wrote in message
Does anyone here do bulb gardens that bloom all through the spring to
the end of summer?

I have the standards -- crocus, hyacinths, daffodils, day lilies, but,
I'm looking for suggestions of bulbs that bloom later than the lilies
and to fill out the time between the daffodils and lilies.

Rhizomes and other bulb-like plants can be included. (I think irises
are technically rhizomes, not bulbs?)

Here in MI tulips follow the first three (which are accompanied by
scillas as well), then irises take over (together with peonys), then
daylilies, then various types of asiatic and tiger lilies. at this
point it is the end of July and perennial echinaceas and black eyes
susans can come up and continue the show until end of august. At this
point I don't care much about how the garden looks - it was a five
months long show after all. My fall crocus are a dud, their pale
violet lost amongst the dead leaves.