Old 02-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Roger Ramjet

Default Lawn aeration and sprinkler system

Most towns don't have a code that covers irrigation systems. According to
Hunter the min dept for the pipe should be 5 inches. Most core aerators
wont't go down more than 2-2.5 inches. Once in a while, when mine is done,
the may pull out a 3 - 4 incher plug based on how moist the soil is. I know
my irrigation pipes are not down that deep, especially in spots where there
a significant grade change. I had my lawn areated 2 times a year, and they
have yet to hit a pipe. I flag the sprinkler heads.

"ted" wrote in message
om...

I think if the system was installed in accordance with your
city/county code the pipes should be deep enough that the core aerator
shouldn't bother them, just dont run over the sprinkler heads.

OP here..
So according to typical city code, how deep should the pipes be? and
how deep will the core aerator dig?

Thanks.