Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Calamondin citrus problem

"Ros Butt" wrote in message ...
I have just found that my Calamondin citrus plant is covered in a sticky
residue, and what seems to be woolly aphids. I can find no information
that suggests that citrus plants are troubled by these. Can anybody help
please?

I expect they are actually Scale Insect but in their breeding state, when it
can look like woolly aphids although you can still see the old large female
scale on top of the woolly stuff.

I've not found much that will treat Scale effectively so I treat mine by
using a hand sprayer full of water with a drip of washing up liquid in it,
and constantly keep it up to maximum pressure. I then go around the plant
slowly from the top to the bottom, around every leaf and stem, in effect
pressure washing off all scale. With a bad infection you may have to do it
again after a couple of weeks, and you will get wet doing it and it does
take time but it works (and no chemicals).

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars