Old 02-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Heron visit to pond

In article , dave @ stejonda
writes
In message , Gill Hall
writes
A heron visited our pond last week and ate half the fish. The rest hid and are
still looking very nervous. I had just removed the netting that protected the
pond from falling leaves all winter. I would much prefer not to have to net the
pond all year round. Does anyone know of other, less unsightly but still
effective deterrents against herons?

A lot of pond retail companies sell plastic herons - based on the theory
that herons are territorial,

They don't work. A friend of mine had one and a randy male tried to mate
with it and broke it ((((

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.