Old 02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Best websites to help plan a water garden?

On Sun, 02 May 2004 12:11:04 GMT, wrote:

In that case, look at all the websites in sig lines and then ask the
specific ponder(s) how to go forth.

Yeah, I'm reading everything I can now.

Here's a question: any tips for finding good deals on boulders?
I know they are very expensive at landscape and garden centers.

I have a tilt-bed trailer with a winch (spent $450 for the whole
thing).

I went to a new subdivision under construction and found a place where
they'd had to remove boulders to build the house and asked the
contractor. Saved him the cost of having them hauled away.

Back the trailer up to a rock, tilt it down, wrap a cargo strap around
the rock, then winch it up onto the trailer.

Be sure to ask first, though. At one place I asked, the homeowner
wanted to keep the rocks.

Getting the rocks -off- the trailer was relativley simple. Place
trailer in boulder's desired location, park another vehicle at the
back end of the trailer. Chain cargo strap to parked vehicle, drive
trailer out from under boulder ever-so-carefully.

HTH

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.