Old 02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Mike Patterson

Default NooB's lament

On Sun, 02 May 2004 06:16:46 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Mike, just out of curiosity, what's your pH? ~ jan

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:26:25 -0400, Mike Patterson wrote:

I could sure use something that eats algae about now.
My pond is staying green so far.

snip

I've been using these for testing:
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/deta...ml?item=PTS300

According to this, my pH is about 7.2, nitrate is about 20, nitrite is
close to zero, hardness is soft (75), alkalinity is about 100.

Today is my birthday, and my wife has graciously allowed me to order a
Fish Mate 3000 Pressurized Filter (the one without the UV) from
Justliners as a gift. Hoping that'll help. Certainly can't hurt,
considering the particulates I see suspended in the water.

I'd prefer a veggie filter, but can't figure out any way to place one
that is both practical and aesthetically viable. Maybe next year I'll
build an upper pond to feed the main pond and use it as a veggie
filter.

My 1300 gallon pond gets pretty much full sun until about 7:00 in the
evening, and will for at least another 3-4 years until some of the
trees start to get bigger.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.