Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Olly

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:51:34 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2004 10:07:10 +0100, Olly wrote:

What model do you have ?

Ryobi. Oddly it takes a 20:1 fuelil mix unlike almost all other 2
strokes I've looked at that take 40 or 50:1.

Yep the Champion takes 40:1 tho it seems to run OK on my mix I'd made
up for my Makita chainsaw @ 50:1 - must say the Champion looks a good
bit of kit for the £75 I paid for it ( Focus ) I used the Mculloch for
a couple of years professionally just for tidying up lawn edges etc.
but tho lighter it is not as well made as the Champion .... which is a
brush cutter as well. Gee hasn't all this stuff come down in
price now ? Strangely - I recently bought the Makita chainsaw thinking
it to be better quality but it was a begger to start and Makita
changed it over in the end - still not a lot better.
The Mculloch 1/2 the price of Makita is still going after 15 years tho
bits keep dropping off ! Even for professional use I will think twice
about shelling out the extra in future......
BTW My Qualcast Trojan mower is still doing the job after 3 years -
an excellent buy at £200 odd quid :-)