Old 02-05-2004, 08:02 PM
JStubbs358

Default Planning for fall bulb planting

Hi- I want to plant a bulb garden this fall. I live in San Antonio zone 8B. It
does not get really cold here so I don't want bulbs that need to be chilled
like tulips. I'd like to plant it and forget it except for feedings. I
understand there is a concept of planting several bulbs in one hole and they
bloom at different times. That sounds great but does it work in reality? Any
suggestions? Right now I have bearded iris, about 3 daylilly, many glads, and a
couple of amarillus. What else would you suggest? Would Narcissus work? I think
of small paperwhites as Narcissus. I don't remember seeing many daffodills here
but would they work? My dad used to plant lillies of the valley but I never see
them for sale...Is there another name? Any help would be appreciated.
Judy Zone 8B