Old 02-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Rez

Default what the heck are "dry onions"?

In article , wrote:
the season before onions are mature, and there are egyptian onions
whose tops are very sweet in the early spring. They get kind of hot
and woody as they prepare to shoot up and grow the little bulblettes
that grow on the tops. You can use the little bulblettes. They're
also called Walking onions as the bulblettes get heavy eventually and
the leave they're atop falls over.. planting their young the distance

Missed this part ... that must have been what we had in the garden
when I was a kid -- it was some random kitchen onion that had gotten
too "growthy" so we stuck it outside in the flower garden. It came up
every year, made a BIG blue flower ball, then a BIG clump of baby
onions, which we'd plant and use later on. This is really the kind I
wanted for my "onion flower garden" but didn't know the variety, so
thanks for the mention -- what would I look for specifically in a
seed variety?

~REZ~