Old 02-05-2004, 11:05 PM
norma briggs

Default suckers on or off the tomatos?

"Rez" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article ,

wrote:
These renegade plants may or may not produce I have no clue, I figure I

will
let them grow and see what happens.

Oh, they'll likely produce, but *what* they'll produce.. that's the
question! What did you grow last year? Hybrids? Open pollinated?

I knew someone whose front yard was completely taken over by volunteer
tomatoes, started from random seed dropped by sloppy people g The
plants were fairly tough, a uniform 2 feet tall, didn't mind that they
were in deep shade most of the day, and produced normal enough fruit
and an endless number of descendants as they reseeded themselves
everywhere. Made a mighty strange-looking lawn, tho

~REZ~

Wow! That we all could get so lucky...that is one of those things you

could not do again no matter how hard you try.

There is no clue what these plants are...Last year I grew Better Boys and
Early Girls, but when I have to buy them from the store I buy that kind
still on the vine.
I figure I got nothing to lose letting them grow, esp since I found 3 new
ones about 6 inches tall today.

Now...the renegade potato plants--are they supposed to get 4 feet tall? I
had to stake them to keep them upright. This will teach me to till the whole
compost pile into the garden.