Old 02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
mich

Default small pice of land required

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Sacha2/5/04 9:40

co.uk

Careless of me - I should have added that one of the first criteria for
living in the country is that you help or look out for your neighbour.

Actually I do live in the country ( not a million miles from Claire
actually), and within half an hours travelling distance of you Sacha!
However, i dont have any neighbours as such to look out for. I have
sufficient isolation to be far away and close enough to amenities ( main
roads) to make life comfortable. Thats my choice. its not everyones. I have
neighbours who chose to be further away.
But none of us look out for each other.

You'll have gasped your last alone because .... everyone
will think it's 'going to happen if it's going to happen'.

My father in law died on a council housing estate in the middle of a
large city. No one found him for six weeks Isolation is not necessarily a
country thing. But it was going to happen and it did. His daughter ( the
only one with a key) didnt bother to go and see him.

I should also have said that you're living some kind of fantasy 'bugger

the
rest of you' via a COMPUTER link. the world and you're announcing this

by computer?
Tell us - how many parts of Britain can offer a line via computer but

not
for emergency use? Or are you pedalling VERY fast as you type?

excuse me but I have already acknowledged I have mains electricity most
of the time ( not too many areas where that is not the case these days
actually!), but my electric supply is prone to unannounced cuts at odd times
and for considerable periods when it does go down.

I also have acknowledged ( and someone else highlighted it) I have a land
line which is working more often than not - hence I have to switch my phone
off not to be bothered by callers.

I dont have a mobile signal unless I go to the top of the hill, about a
mile from my home.

I am not totally isolated, although I dont have any very near neighbours
...... and at least one I do have I can do without!
What I have said here all along is I dont need the mod cons that you and
others ( Janet) seem to think are indispensible. I have not been extremist,
just practical. Its you ( and janet) who have pushed the extremest
scenario's, I have responded - if you live the lifestyle , you take the
chances.

I do take my chances in some respects, but I accept the risk.