Old 02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
MissJuggs

Default bio provado on herbs

I have recently discoverd vine weevil grubs in one of the pots in my
garden. I am not fond of 'chemical' methods, but did not have the
time to apply the nematodes (I found the grubs just before going on
holiday), so I bought and applied some bio provado.

I now realise that the bio provado is only licensed for use on
ornamental plants. I did apply it to pots with chives, thyme and
oregano in. The chemical is obviously absorbed systemically as it is
said to give protection against white fly and some other creepy
crawlies.

Having realised that I have a weevil problem, I'll be buying the
nematodes in future, when I am able to organize myself to have the
time to recieve and water in the beasties.

My question is this: Is it safe to use the herbs that have been
bioprovado-ed? My feeling is not. The protection is supposed to last
about four months. Is it safe to use them after that?

Glenys

--
Semen is an anti-depressant.