Old 03-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Dave Liquorice

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

On Sun, 2 May 2004 23:52:31 +0100, Harry Ziman wrote:

My Ryobi strimmer is very tricky to start ...

snip
Choke settings are important, as is throttle too. I start on full
choke until there are signs of life and then go through various
combinations of choke and throttle until it gets going.

See my sequence a few posts back. Works fairly reliably, at least it
starts before I get tired pulling the damn thing.

Has going to 40:1 made any difference to starting? I reckon I could
certainly increase the ratio as it smokes a bit and there is lots of
oil deposit around the exhaust.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail