Old 03-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Mike

Default Going rate

I would hate to embarrass him.

What is the usual hourly rate for skilled or semi-skilled work in your

area?
Perhaps you could ask the local labour exchange or whatever it's called

now!
I think that's the only way you can assess it fairly. Here in Devon, it's
quite low for un-skilled at around £5.00 per hour. But our builder

charges
about £14.00 per hour, I think.

Thanks for that Sacha. The problem is 'a going rate', if I assess that on my
rate when I was working, £25.00 - £30.00 and hour, then 'I' wouldn't do it
for £5.00 an hour, but he might be embarrassed if I offered him £20.00 per
hour. We all get on ever so well around here, doing what we can when we can
for each other.

Mike