Old 03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Mike Lyle

Default FAQs

Alan Gould wrote in message ...
In article Yrdlc.64$D9.54@newsfe1-win, Bella
writes
I found the FAQs in Google Groups last week, but I'm blessed if I could
fiind *anything* about top posting Janet.

Top or bottom posting is entirely optional anywhere on the Internet.

Of course it is: we couldn't dictate our preferred styles to anybody
even if we wanted to. But life is certainly a lot easier if we stick
to any particular group's usual practice. Even if one wants to
top-post in a bottom-posting group, one will get more out of the
discussion by resisting the urge. It's no trouble to me to stand on
one side or another of an escalator, so why should I inconvenience
others, and myself, by not going with the majority?

Mike.