Old 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Quiet(er) frogs

"JJ" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with the relative loudness/quietness of Leopard
or Green Frogs compared to Bull Frogs? I hate to sound like a city
boy but they are just too loud at night. I really feel sorry for
those people in Hawaii who have the swarms of peeping frogs.

snip

We've got a big ol pile of green/bronze frogs. They make some noise, but are
mostly lazy, so it's just croak here, just a croak there, here a croak,
there a croak...you get the idea. Not much noise but noticeable. The spring
peepers were really chorusly (is that a word?) a few weeks back, but they
seem to have slowed down. Two weeks ago we found our first toad in the pond,
ugly little dude. He has been making TONS of noise for a couple of weeks
now, although he has been silent for two days now.

I find the chatter interesting. I like listening to it, and knowing (now
that I have done some research) which critter is making which noise. It's
especially fund when my frogs start chattering with the frogs in the pond in
my neighbor's yard. LOL.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com