Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Lily

Default Lighting - acrylic tank

Hiya
I have an acrylic tank (about 80 litres) which I am using for three
voluptuous goldfish after the sad demise of my lizard.
The tank is unlit, and due to the size of the fish I have it filled almost
to the brim for them. I do not see how I can use lighting which rests on
top of the tank due to the height of the water, and am wondering if I can
use a side or rear hanging light instead? My poor plants would really
appreciate it, but I have no idea whether it is feasible. I was thinking of
a desk lamp angled into the tank with a good bulb, but what would be the
type of bulb to use without damaging the acrylic?
Cheers