Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Frogleg

Default Soil improvement

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:22:09 GMT, "Gordon" wrote:

I seem to remember that this newsgroup had an excellent FAQ site. Although I
come from Glasgow, I've just moved to a new home in Canada where the soil is
more suitable to pottery making than gardening. I'm looking for advice on
soil improvement. Can anyone point me at the newsgroup site.

Rec.gardens (and rec.gardens.edible) are mostly, 'though not
exclusively, patronized by those dealing with US, Canadian, and
Australian/New Zealand topics. All will mention compost and other
organic matter for soil improvement.

PS I am always more of a lurker than a poster but it would seem that many of
the big contributors to this group are no longer posting and there is no
longer a policy of UK only questions. Am I missing some well hidden
politics?

Was there ever a policy of UK-only questions? I thought I was just
supposed to not rabbit on about USDA 'zones' and ask why people would
grow cucumbers in greenhouses instead of outside. :-)