Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Frogleg

Default uses for grass cuttings (long)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:29:04 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

With all due respect
There seems to be an assumption in some quarters that all contributors to
this NG have massive borders for growing stuff in, which are always crying
out for extra mulch, manure, feeding etc. which cannot be supplied from the
huge compost heaps constantly digesting plant material.

etc.

A few years ago, "mulching mowers" and "mulching blades" for mowers
became available/fashionable here (US). The general idea is that the
clippings are chopped into such teeny pieces that they can be left
in/on the grass to quickly decay and nourish the lawn in situ. I can't
recall reading much about owner satisfaction with these products, but
then I haven't read anything like "a mulching mower destroyed my
lawn," either. FWIW.