Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
VivienB

Default FAQs

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:22:06 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 09:36:50 +0200, martin wrote:

Yeah but Pam misoperates a kill file.
I wasted my time finding the last abc .. and reposting it for her. I
won't trouble again.

Thank you for posting it Martin.
I have never set a killfile and would not know how to!
Large messages ask me to press Enter to retrieve.
Anyone else use FREE AGENT and tell me where I am going wrong?
TAI

Pam in Bristol

Pam, the headers say you are using Agent (rather than Free Agent).
This is important because the Free version does not have all the
functions the paid-for full version does.

The comments which follow are based on what happens in my Agent 1.9.
(I know the 'Help' in Agent is in techie-speak, or I would suggest you
try using it).

If the thread is set to be 'ignored' (ie no more messages to be
downloaded in that thread) it should have a 'no entry' type red symbol
beside the subject line in the message list. This is added or removed
easily using the button at the top of the window.

Limitations on the length of messages downloaded are in the newsgroup
properties. To see these, right-click the newsgroup name in your list
of subscribed groups, then click on Properties, which is at the top of
the menu which appears.

HTH

Regards, VivienB