Old 03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Dannysmom

Default Japanese Maples

I had a young, grafted laceleaf JM that died above the graft over the
winter. Below the graft it is now producing beautiful leaves. Is
this worth keeping? Can I expect it to branch out eventually?

I also have a small weeping red-colored laceleaf JM that is gorgeous,
but only has branches on 2 sides. Is there a way to encourage
branching on the other sides so the tree looks a little more uniform?

Thanks for any help with this. I am new to JMs and I want to be
successful because I love them.

Thanks, Lorraine

I edited the subject line and reposted this in the hope of getting