Old 03-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Katra

Default tomato weather question

In article ,
(Hillary Israeli) wrote:

I know you are supposed to wait until night temps are in the 50s F before
planting tomatoes. My question is this: what happens if you don't? I mean,
if night time temps are in the 40s when you plant, does that mean you're
doomed, or does it just take longer to mature, or what?

Personally, I never worry about night temps unless there is a
possibility of a freeze. ;-)

It's been unusually cold here in Texas this spring, but I've got plenty
of sets already and my plants are anywhere from 12" to 24" tall.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...