Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Dogger

Default Rotovators

I have been looking at Rotovators and today was lent a Briggs and
Stratton 5hp to play with. Great, Tilled about half my plot in an
hour. But it is a brute trying to turn it round on uneven groud was a
nightmare.

Now On our allotments (mostly clay, some lucky ones have 1/2inch of
topsoil.) there are two schools:

1. More HP the better If they could get a flail tank throught the gate
they would.

2. Mantis users.

Both swear that theirs is best. The 1 say the mantis will not cope
with the ground. The 2 say that the big ones are too big.

I am undecided. Yes the B/S was great, but I dont fancy luggin it home
in the back of the landrover each time, Mantis is it going to be up to
the job (Obviously I am going to dig it over before I rotovate). I
know the B/S will last a lifetime and there is one going for £200 with
all the bits.

any views.