Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Mike

Default Going rate

"What is the National Minimum Wage?

* The National Minimum Wage has been £4.20 since 1 October 2002 (which
rose to £4.50 an hour in October 2003).
* The National Minimum Wage development rate (which applies to 18 to
21-year-olds, and to people who are 22 or over if they receive accredited
training for six months after they start work with an employer) is £3.60

an
hour (which rose to £3.80 an hour in October 2003). "
http://www.is4profit.com/busadvice/n...mwage/nmw2.htm

Just before I started to draw my pensions at 65, I was helping a friend, an
accountant, with his Pay Roll duties. I did know what the rate was then, but
wondered what the pittance is now.

Many thanks.

When I had my factories, I paid minimum rate + Bonus. Everyone was happy at
that. In 'theory' they could have sat and done nothing all day for basic,
but the incentive to get the work out was the bonus.

Mike