Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Shirl

Default Shaded greenhouse

Hello

I have only one place that I can put a greenhouse in my garden, however its
in the shade for most of the time. I live in the midlands and its been
lovely and sunny today, however I think I had about half an hour the whole
day when the sun actually managed to shine onto the greenhouse :-/

Im hoping this will change as the sun gets higher in the sky but is it
possible to get good growth in shaded conditions or should I just give it
up? I've got tomatoes, lettuce, spring onions etc in there as from
Saturday. I had the plants growing nicely in my house until then but
decided that the greenhouse must be better than the limited sun that comes
in through a window.

I dont have anywhere outside the greenhouse to plant my veggies either so
its shady greenhouse or back to buying from Tesco.

Any thoughts welcome