Old 03-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Shirl

Default Shaded greenhouse

"Oxymel_of_Squill" wrote in message
well it's the best on offer innit? My greenhouse (I'm in Wisbech, is that
Midlands too?) is a lean-to in a corner between south and east walls and
gets direct sun only until about midday but it has been ver hot in there

and
things (from tomatoes to highland nepenthes) grow happily.

You get sun until midday?? I can only dream of such luxury!! :-)

Well it wasnt very hot at all in my greenhouse today, maybe 15c'ish but
nothing you could call 'hot' I've went down to check on it as the sun went
down and it was only about 9 c.

Im assuming its got to be better than growing outdoors because theres not
the cold wind and of course its still warming up outside so my greenhouse
will get warmer as summer comes, well thats my theory anyway, I just hope
some of you ppl can reassure me!

Thanks again