Old 03-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Olly

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

On Mon, 03 May 2004 20:12:17 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 18:01:01 +0100, Olly wrote:

Didn't do much work last year as I bent the crankshaft

How did you do that Dave ?

Hit a small bit of 1 x 2" bit of iron tube the far end of which then
hit something far more substantial. Loud bang and Instant stall from
full throttle. Sheared of the two little diecast mounting pins for the
blade and bent the crankshaft at the bottom bearing through about 10
degrees. Had to cut it off right against the oil seal and the stub
only just came up through the long tube in the bottom crankcase
casting.

Bad luck - I've only hit tree roots + small stones etc. but wondered
what would happen if the blade hit something more substantial,
Did you manage to obtain replacement parts OK ? I guess being a
Briggs & Stratton engine it was straightforward .... dread to think
what it would cost to have fixed ...... Probably cheaper to buy new
mower !