Old 04-05-2004, 12:07 AM
grubber

Default The Great Lotus Race; Update May 03, 2004

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

3. Dogs love to chew on lotus tubors. I don't know if they toxic or not,

but
they are apparently tastey. I have not personally confirmed.

"Lotus roots, seeds, and leaves of several Asian plants related to the water
lily, are used as food. The large seeds may be eaten raw, boiled, grilled
and also candied. The reddish-brown roots (more accurately, rhizomes) are
used as a vegetable, with a crisp texture and mild flavor. The leaves are
used as a vegetable and as a wrap for sweet and savory mixtures"

http://www.foodreference.com/html/flotusrootflower.html