Old 04-05-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Proper grass height.

On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:24:37 GMT, wrote:

I don't know where you are or how short your neighbors cut their lawn
but for an answer, in July, look at your lawn and then look at your
neighbors lawn.

I agree there. My lazy neighbors let it get way too long, then scalp
it down to nothing. This way they only have to mow about every 10-14
days. Needless to say, the first dry spell and they have a brown
lawn.

I keep mine at 3" and mow when it's about 4". I don't mow just
because someone else is mowing theirs, or because it's Saturday, or
whatever. 3" is nice and thick, and if it gets a little shaggy after
only a few days, it doesn't bother me. I also edge, which gives it a
very manicured look. It also tricks the eye into thinking the lawn
was just mowed (I think), which lets me get away with longer grass.

Yeah, when it's edged it looks real nice. I done it a few times with
the weed wacker but such a pain. I have a very small property, so
gunna get that tool that looks like a kung-fu weapon.

Figure if the neightbors mow any closer to my yard, I have to 'edge'
them. :-P

tom

http://www.CarFleaMarket.com

We help you sell off-line as well as online.