Old 04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
escapee

Default powdery mildew

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:56:57 GMT, "Chris" opined:

My front crepe myrtle has a very bad case of powdery mildew. It had it last
year, too, and never flowered. How do I stop this cycle? Someone posted
something about using a milk solution. Does this work? I bought some
really nasty stuff last year that required me to wear protective clothing
and a ventilator when I applied it. Supposedly it killed everything. It
didn't appear to work and, given that almost everything else I use is
environmentally-reasonable, I'd rather not use that again.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Chris

Yes, you can mix a cup of dry skim milk in a gallon of water and spray all the
foliage, not forgetting the undersides of leaves. The lactic acid in the milk
lowers the pH on the surface of the leave, making it inhospitable to the
pathogen. You can use liquid milk also, but then I would use 2 cups to a gallon
of water.