Old 04-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Shirl

Default Shaded greenhouse

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

I wouldn't worry too much. What you have got is the shelter and warmth
of indoors (almost ;-) ) combined with the light levels of outdoors.
Most people find they have to shade their greenhouse in the summer to
avoid the temperature going sky high - you at least won't have that
bother!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Well thankyou everyone, I certainly feel better about my greenhouse site
now. I had tried to do a little research on the web but that only says to
site your greenhouse in good light and doesnt actually mention the ppl who
dont have this luxury!

It is mainly huge trees that surround my garden that blocks out most of the
light so things should improve in a month or so.

I've seen lots of sites where people have had to cover their greenhouse with
shadecloth, so I guess I should be grateful really lol!

I was rather concerned about the lack of heat at night, worried that the
plants may perish if its too cold, but I am bringing my cucumber indoors on
an evening as that is only about ten inches high at the moment. Also I will
wait to take my pepper plant outside as that is only an inch or so high and
im sure it would climb back inside the seed with the cold ha ha

Thanks again for the reassurance :-)