Old 04-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Harvey R. Stone

Default Snake

"jammer" wrote in message

Actually we had too many rats around here and my neighbor let go 10
(now i have forgotten the darn names) snakes and no one is seeing a
lot of rats anymore.

Thanks for all the snake information. We took most of the rocks away from
the edge of the pond today (very carefully) and so far there is no sign of
him. I know if we ever do get a good look at him he is probably earthworm
size but the two glimpses I have had he has seemed to be about a foot long
with stripes that go around his body and from the back his head looks like a
lizard head. Is there anything that we could put under the rocks that would
discourage snakes? We live in an urban area in the South East part of
Houston so it is hard to believe he or she could be too bad but then again
I don't want to find out the hard way.
Phyl