Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 AM
simy1

Default tomato weather question

(Hillary Israeli) wrote in message ...
I know you are supposed to wait until night temps are in the 50s F before
planting tomatoes. My question is this: what happens if you don't? I mean,
if night time temps are in the 40s when you plant, does that mean you're
doomed, or does it just take longer to mature, or what?

they will slow down, and produce later than if you had followed proper
procedure. it also depends on the tomatoes. cherry are more cold
tolerant than others. now, if you were to set out eggplant, okra or
basil at those temperatures the first two would stall for months, and
the basil would die.