Old 04-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Mickey

Default Pictures of Veggie Filter and where I would like to put Lotus

Oh and if anyone has a creative suggestion with pictures for returning the
water in the "Veggie Filter" picture I would like to see them. I am thinking
of a cistern pump or a couple of flat rocks and a fall type of return. I
need to replace that white pipe.

"Mickey" wrote in message
The link should take you to pictures of my soon to be Veggie Filter. The
pond is a work in progress, so it is still rough around the edges. The

water
is still a little cool 40 -50 deg F. I am thinking of putting pea gravel

in
the bottom of the veggie filter this year and planting lotus seed and see
how they do. From what I have read they should grow well in an area that
size. I would like to put a plant in that will grow easily and not require

lot of maintenance. I figure that will also help the small stuff settle

out
and hopefully cut down on algae. Being that the pond is above ground it is
emptied in the fall and the fish moved indoors for the winter. So it will

be
cleaned yearly. Remembering I would have to overwinter indoors any plants

get are their any other suggestions? Anybody bought the Lotus seed on

EBay?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...=/dab1&.src=ph