Old 04-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Betsy

Default Butterfly Bush - Alive?

They don't like wet feet--I learned that the hard way.

Mine is about 12 feet tall and still growing, at this point. I want it tall
because I want to see it from the porch, and want to screen out the street
traffic. I shape it a bit every year. Here in Baltimore it retains "green"
leaves year-round. It is up next to the front porch where it stays a bit
warmer.

Let us know if it leafs out!

"styxx374" wrote in message
I live in Pennsylvania, zone 6. I bought a purple butterfly bush last May.
We cut it back in the fall, so right now it stands about 3-4 feet. It is
planted about 10-15 feet from our house on the east side in a 6"raised

bed.
As of today, May 2, it still has not shown any buds. It is my

understanding
that butterfly bushes are late in "waking up," but I am concerned that it
didn't make it through our cold winter.

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions?

Jennifer