Old 04-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Harvey Schmidlapp

Default Please Help Me Identify These

LaUna wrote:
Thank you so much. The links are great and, indeed, these are the same
growths that I found. I look forward to reading everything on the links
you sent. On the first link, I did not find that NM was listed as
having the squawroot. I will read more carefully and maybe send them a
note, later.

If you look at the first (large) map, you will see two regions shaded
green. The area to the east of the Mississippi (plus Iowa) is for
Conopholis americana. The area including Texas, New Mexico, Colorado
and Arizona is for C. alpina. Note the two smaller maps below that that
show the reagons for each species. This page is just for that one species:

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...i?symbol=COAL6

--
Henry