Old 04-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Snooze

Default Mosquito Fish

"Bill Kerrell" wrote in message
news:OdTkc.64419$f_5.7710@lakeread01...
My pond was new last July. A friend gave me a few 6 or 7 Mosquito fish so

we
would have some fish to start in the new pond.. Now 10 months later there
are to many to count. I am sure everyone know what I mean. Is there any

kind
of control of them, Do they eat the Goldfish and Koi eggs or fry? .... I
thought of netting some of them and taking them to a nearby lake, But it
seems that even if a few are left, the problem remains. The pond is 1500
gallons, 8 X 10' 3.5 ft deep, I say that so that you know I couldn't get
them all anyway ......
Bill
Pensacola, FL

Out here, in California, the Vector Control Board is government agency that
gives away mosquito fish, and coordinates the release of them into certain
lakes/ponds.

I'm sure if look in the phone book under the government section, for Vector
Control, or Mosquito & Vector Control (often in the county or state section)
Or you can call the water company, they often know what to do with mosquito
fish.

I bet the vector control will gladly come and pick up your extra mosquito
fish. Failing that, try calling this company.

Mosquitoes No More
(850) 433-9950
3310 Logan Dr
Pensacola, FL 32503