Old 04-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Chris

Default powdery mildew

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message

If that doesn't work you can also mix 1 tsp of baking soda per gal of

water.
It works on the same principal. Mildew and fungus can only live in a

narrow
PH range. Changing the PH a bit, either up or down, will kill it.

BTW, the reason your shrub didn't flower last year probably doesn't have

do with the mildew. Flowing shrubs will only flower on new growth. So if
the shrub has reached it's maximum height it will stop blooming. If this

is
the case, you'll need to prune the shrub back to get it to flower again.

Great info, thanks very much Roy.

I did trim it back during the winter like the others. I can't recall what
they call it officially but it's basically "topping" the trees. I do it to
all my crepes.
Chris