Old 04-05-2004, 05:03 AM
LaUna

Default Please Help Me Identify These

Yeah, I looked again and saw that NM was included.

I was in a hurry this morning to get out into my garden and do some seed
planting. I think by the time everything comes up, we will be through
with the 24 degree weather. Interestingly, I put out broccoli, cabbage
and onions plants about 6 weeks ago and we had a foot of snow about 2
weeks ago and everything is fine.

Thanks again,
LaUna

Harvey Schmidlapp wrote:
LaUna wrote:

Thank you so much. The links are great and, indeed, these are the
same growths that I found. I look forward to reading everything on
the links you sent. On the first link, I did not find that NM was
listed as having the squawroot. I will read more carefully and maybe
send them a note, later.

If you look at the first (large) map, you will see two regions shaded
green. The area to the east of the Mississippi (plus Iowa) is for
Conopholis americana. The area including Texas, New Mexico, Colorado
and Arizona is for C. alpina. Note the two smaller maps below that that
show the reagons for each species. This page is just for that one species:

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...i?symbol=COAL6