Old 04-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Daniel Phillips

Default Fish Update

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:39:19 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

With a showing of ammonia, don't feed anything. Are you sure your test kits
are fresh? ~ jan

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:11:45 GMT, Daniel Phillips wrote:

The orange gold fish was swimming around today, although still
preferred the bottom and being hidden. It stayed below the surface,
though. I also saw the black one, but it swam along primarily on the
bottom surface. Both didn't seem interested in the three fish flakes
I gave them.

Checked the water this afternoon. Ph is 8.0, ammonia seems to be
staying at .25. The water has a green tint to it.

I noticed that one of the pads of the water lily is yellow and still
halfway below the surface. Is there a signifigance to that? Also, the
Red Ludwigia seem to be yellowing, too. Does the yellowing indicate
that the plants are dead or dying (I know I'd have to remove them from
the water, then, so they don't decay)?

Daniel Phillips

[+]bandito[-]spam = [-]toppler.[+]zworg.com
Be warned, may mistakingly bounce back as spam.

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

The kit is brand new. I originally took a water sample to Petsmart
and they showed about the same amount of ammonia. So yeah, I'd say
the kit is accurate. The pH may be off, though, because of stray tap
water in the tube.

I'm thinking of removing the black gold fish and giving it away or
humanely euthanizing it. Perhaps it is just well camoflauged, but
when I do get to see it, it doesn't do much at all. If it wasn't
already sick or injured, it may be an indicator that my current set up
can only handle one gold fish?

At least it seems as though I'm not having oxygen problems, at least,
and I've already had the water garden for a month.