Old 04-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default best smelling plant is Lilacs and best smelling pine is Scots

I am guessing that the worlds finest smelling plant is Lilac hedges in
potency and in quality. I suspect that the first perfume was the smell
of lilacs but cannot judge for other than the northern temperate zone.
Perhaps other zones have something else.

One thing about the smell of lilac is that it is great, but I have a
hard time of mentally remembering what the smell is and have to initiate
myself every Spring. I do not know why the mind can remember a visual
but has a difficult time of remembering a smell. Perhaps because a smell
has no geometric component to it.

As for pine smell, I have been to alot of forests and pine nurseries and
find that Scots or Scotch pine seem to have the strongest pine smell.
Without cutting or manipulating the trees, just the aroma they impart to
the air surroundings.

I wonder if anyone has made a Lilac smelling perfume? And I wonder if
the Lilac has played any role in the history of perfumes. Whether the
first perfume ever made was by some ancient group of people that stood
around Lilac hedges and said we got to get some way of bottling this
smell for year round.

Archimedes Plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
www.archimedesplutonium.com