Old 04-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Wood Ash Update

"Kevin Groves" wrote in message
I just couldnt help it but I saw a nice dwarf apple (James Grieve) and
it looked so nice....

Found out today that the apple trees we used to have in the garden at
home were this variety. I remember them being quite nice even when they
were yound trees.

Kev,

Yes, we have James Grieve and it's a good apple.
But our absolute favourite is Katy. This produces impossibly red fruit that
look really wonderful on the tree througthout the summer. They look so good
we never want to pick them. But when we do .... crisp, juicy and the best
flavour of any of our apples ( Cox, Ida, James Grieve,Gala and Katy)