Old 04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Cant start petrol hedge trimmers....help

On Mon, 03 May 2004 21:53:40 +0100, Olly wrote:

Bad luck - I've only hit tree roots + small stones etc. but wondered
what would happen if the blade hit something more substantial,

Bed rock and concrete/brick manhole cover surrounds are the major
hazards on our "lawn". I guess I ought to fill in around the manhole
to make it more level, projecting bedrock is more of a problem...

Did you manage to obtain replacement parts OK ?

Not to bad, most of the delay was me getting a convient time to get to
Carlisle to collect. ISTR =A335 for new crankshaft, oil seals and
gasket.

I guess being a Briggs & Stratton engine it was straightforward ....

Hardest part was removing the flywheel had to take it to the local
garage to get the nut undone and the flywheel pulled off, that was
quite a struggle for them as well.

dread to think what it would cost to have fixed ...... Probably
cheaper to buy new mower !

I wanted to fiddle with a small engine, it only had about 30hrs
running and the parts where fairly cheap. A new engine would have been
about =A3100, the cheapest push only mower with the same engine would
have been be less. Indeed looking at the actual engine type numbers on
the mowers in the sheds was an insight. Plastic cowls and stickers
must cost an awful lot...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail